Snapshots and Writing Beyond Primary School Programs
The aim of these English programs is to improve the general writing and reading skills of students so that they may use these skills in their everyday work.
Each program consists of six workshops completed over a six week period. Each workshop is two hours and fifteen minutes long, with fifteen minutes of feedback provided to parents at the end of each workshop.
During the course, the student will cover the following components:
- Writing skills.
- Reading comprehension.
- Vocabulary enrichment and word usage.
- Grammar, punctuation and parts of speech.
- An overall theme for each session which will enhance general knowledge.
- 11 essays are written over the six sessions.
- Snapshots focuses on creative writing techniques.
- Writing beyond primary school spends four sessions focusing on creative writing and two sessions on informative/persuasive writing.
- A written report after the last session will focus on what progress has been made and suggest areas for improvement.